REPORT TO: Manager, Application Support Group (ASG)
JOB SUMMARY: CliniComp, Intl. (CCI) develops mission critical enterprise-wide clinical documentation systems for hospitals and other acute care providers. The Systems Analyst is responsible for the configuration of CliniComp’s software and for providing help desk support to the users of our software.
• Review, analyze, modify, and configure the software application.
• Perform quality checks on all system configurations prior to customer use; perform system QA on all configurations during initial installation and expansions.
• Provide QA and Go-Live support to CCI staff and to the customer site.
• Solve configuration system problems or coordinate with engineering to resolve the situation.
• Document work on Service Direct tickets. Maintain accurate records regarding time accounting per customer and status updates on SD tickets.
• Perform initial triage and troubleshoot customer’s software problems as the primary contact during regular office hours and on-call hours.
• Perform help desk support with users on tasks related to CCI’s software application.
• Serve “on-call duty” as scheduled; is available 24 hours a day during on-call duty and is responsive to customer needs. Coordinate and escalate issues in a timely manner as needed during on-call duty.
• Communicate with the customer, via the telephone and/or Service Direct tickets, as needed to ensure configurations are up-to-date and accurate and trouble tickets are resolved.
• Test and quality check new, modified or enhanced software and any accompanying documentation.
• Check hospital system status including error logs, printer status, load balance, hot-key errors, and disk status and perform fetalpm at sites with the fetal product.
• Assist in set-up for customer interfaces. Provides support in new system set-up.
• Perform site administration functions such as monitoring needs for archives, disk space and printer logs.
• Draft site notes for other System Analyst and post to Wiki per Company protocol.
• Perform other duties or changed duties as needed or directed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree will consider: (a) Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field plus one year additional experience in a software applications System Analyst role, or (b) two years of additional experience in software applications System Analyst role.
• Knowledge of and able to use file editors (Vi or EMACS).
• Knowledge of and able to use UNIX, Linux, and HP operating system software.
• Good knowledge of Service Direct, Remedy, Salesforce.com or other customer service ticket system.
• Knowledgeable of and proficiency with computerized systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, data bases, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
• At least two years experience in a software support position, including software help desk support or software systems analyst; software systems analyst experience is preferred.
• Experience dealing directly with customers is required. Clinical information systems experience is preferred.
• Experience working with file editors, UNIX, Linux, and HP operating system software.
• Two years experience at CliniComp Intl. in a product related position may be substituted for software applications support experience and for file editor, UNIX, Linux, and HP operating system software experience.
• U. S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a DoD ADP security clearance and a VA security clearance.