REPORT TO: Supervisor, Application Support Group (ASG)
JOB SUMMARY: CliniComp, Intl. (CCI) develops mission critical enterprise-wide clinical documentation systems for hospitals and other acute care providers. The Systems Analyst I is responsible for the configuration of CliniComp’s software and for providing help desk support to the users of our software.
• Review, analyze, modify, and configure the software application.
• Perform quality checks on all system configurations prior to customer use; perform system QA on all configurations during initial installation and expansions.
• Provide QA and Go-Live support to CCI staff and to the customer site.
• Solve configuration system problems or coordinate with engineering to resolve the situation.
• Document work on Service Direct tickets. Maintain accurate records regarding time accounting per customer and status updates on SD tickets.
• Perform initial triage and troubleshoot customer’s software problems as the primary contact during regular office hours and on-call hours.
• Perform help desk support with users on tasks related to CCI’s software application.
• Serve “on-call duty” as scheduled; is available 24 hours a day during on-call duty and is responsive to customer needs. Coordinate and escalate issues in a timely manner as needed during on-call duty.
• Communicate with the customer, via the telephone and/or Service Direct tickets, as needed to ensure configurations are up-to-date and accurate and trouble tickets are resolved.
• Test and quality check new, modified or enhanced software and any accompanying documentation.
• Check hospital system status including error logs, printer status, load balance, hot-key errors, and disk status and perform fetalpm at sites with the fetal product.
• Assist in set-up for customer interfaces. Provides support in new system set-up.
• Perform site administration functions such as monitoring needs for archives, disk space and printer logs.
• Draft site notes for other System Analyst and post to Wiki per Company protocol.
• Perform other duties or changed duties as needed or directed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree will consider: (a) Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field plus one year additional experience in a software applications System Analyst role, or (b) two years of additional experience in software applications System Analyst role.
• Knowledge of and able to use file editors (Vi or EMACS).
• Knowledge of and able to use UNIX, Linux, and HP operating system software.
• Good knowledge of Service Direct, Remedy, Salesforce.com or other customer service ticket system.
• Knowledgeable of and proficiency with computerized systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, data bases, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
• At least two years experience in a software support position, including software help desk support or software systems analyst; software systems analyst experience is preferred.
• Experience dealing directly with customers is required. Clinical information systems experience is preferred.
• Experience working with file editors, UNIX, Linux, and HP operating system software.
• Two years experience at CliniComp Intl. in a product related position may be substituted for software applications support experience and for file editor, UNIX, Linux, and HP operating system software experience.
• U. S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a DoD ADP security clearance and a VA security clearance.